Risk gameplay questions
I have several Risk gameplay questions:
1. Do you get reinforcements after taking over a new territory?
2. If not, how does a player move with only one troop in all of their territories.
3. Our game did not say anything about getting three troops before every move. Even so, if this were true, how would the game ever end?
The Beast says:
Thanks for writing to BoardgameBeast!
1. No. The only time you get re-inforcements is at the BEGINNING of your turn. Normal re-inforcements (your territories divided by three, rounded down, for a minimum of three every turn) plus any sets of cards, plus any bonuses for continents held.
You DO receive a Risk card at the END of your turn if you have taken at least one new territory during that turn.
2. You cannot move if you have one troop in each territory, that is the absolute end of your turn.
3. It is a standard rule in all forms of Risk we’ve played. You’ll find that even with the minimum of three re-inforcements per turn, one player will get stronger and you’ll eventually be wiped out.
See our Risk board game strategy and rules HQ at Operation Genius for more details of how to play!